We need YOU to help get students safely to school.
A Walking School Bus is a fun, safe way to for students to get to school as a group. Children walk with trained adult volunteers, called Route Leaders, along a recommended route to school. Children can join in the “bus” at pre-determined stops and times along the route.
Walking School Buses have many benefits, including:
- Safety in adult-supervised, large groups
- Increased amounts of physical activity among our youth
- Reduced traffic congestion around school areas
- Social benefits for children and volunteers
- Families save time and money
How You Can Get Involved
Getting involved is easy. You can
participate in the program by:
- Become a volunteer and walk safely with students to school; engage students with learning opportunities or fun games along the way
- Become a Walking School Bus Coordinator and help the program run smoothly
- Help keep sidewalks clear for students to walk; remind your neighbors.
- Promote the Walking School Bus to other families!
For more information about Walking School Bus programs or to get involved contact:
Morgan Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-247-3276
SIGN UP HERE:
Thank you for your interest!